Cheyney University invites applicants for the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics position beginning in the Fall 2023 semester. This is a full-time (100% FTE) position and is classified as Faculty in the APSCUF collective bargaining unit.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establishes, maintains, and implements policies for the administration of the Department of Athletics.
- Implements athletic programs and policies within the guidelines of the University and other non-conference entities. Evaluate the total athletic program to ensure its compliance with division and/or university policy.
- Recruits and provides for the selection, organization, and supervision of the staff, and delegates responsibilities to ensure efficient and productive operation of all administrative, business, fiscal and athletic activities of the department.
- Sets forth the department’s funding requirements and supervises the overall management and control of the approved fiscal year operating budget for all men’s and women’s intercollegiate sports.
Ensures compliance with gender equity, Title IX, and ethnic diversity.
- Works closely with university advancement and assigned personnel to develop and implement a comprehensive fund-raising plan and participate in the implementation of a marketing plan for intercollegiate athletics.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Must have the minimum of a master’s degree in Athletic Administration, Business Administration, or Physical Education.
- At least 5 years of experience managing an athletics program at the collegiate level or athletic organization, or equivalent experience.
- Applicants must also have proven fund-raising experience.
- Experience coaching at the collegiate level a plus.