Responsible for all matters pertaining to the organization and efficient administration of the high school athletic program that promotes all athletes of both genders, under the purview of the school principal, and enforces all rules of the FHSAA and the Conference.
- Coordinate the scheduling of all athletic events with head coaches and principal related to tryouts, practice, games, team meetings, facilities, and intramurals.
- Provide direction and support of an efficient, effective, safe athletic program ensuring that teams are always supervised including locker room supervision.
- Maintain an accurate squad roster for all teams at all times in compliance with all FHSAA bylaws and policies regarding eligibility, gender equity, and Title IX compliance.
- Establish physical examinations and verify that no candidate is issued equipment or allowed to practice until the Duval County Public Schools Athletic Health Examination Form is completed in full and signed by parent/guardian and physician.
- Develop and administer the athletic budget including inventory, equipment inspection and purchasing of all uniforms and equipment.
- Announce and enforce rules pertaining to conditioning of players and training rules affecting the health and safety of the player ascertaining that the Duval County School Board Student and Parent Athletic Participation Warning Form and the Duval County Sportsmanship Contract are on file for all team members.
- Report injuries of participants to your school’s head athletic trainer. Following injuries that result in time loss and physician evaluation, the head athletic trainer will secure the signed approval for return from the doctor and parents before the student is allowed to resume participation in athletic activities.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Previous experience preferred as an athletic coach or in the coaching arena.
- Possess a current CPR and Standard First Aid Card.