The Athletic Director will be responsible for the oversight of all athletic teams at the College and activities related to athletics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for team management duties including recruitment, advertising, training, and any other support activities that are necessary for student athletes to enjoy successful careers while attending the College.
- Serve as primary advisor for all student athletes to assist with registration of classes
- Support student academic success and engagement via one-on-one coaching, meetings, and academic skills/engagement programs with “at-risk” students.
- Work with coaches to plan and monitor “study hall” activities during each student athlete’s first semester in college
- Serve as an observer in the learning management system to assist in keeping all student athletes on track for course completion
- Communicate with faculty regarding “at-risk” students’ academic progress.
- Work with student athletes to develop two-year degree plans that will guide students to completion of a degree.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution, required.
- Three years of supervisory experience, required.
- One year experience as Athletic Director, required.
- Experience working in Public Relations, Marketing or related area, preferred.