Under general supervision, assist the board in the fair and just discharge of its obligation to students and staff through performance of the Head Coach role over and beyond the duties of a classroom teacher. Reports to the school principal and athletic director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand the proper administrative line of command and refer all requests of grievances through proper channels. Awareness of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
- Establish the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques to be taught by staff. Design conferences, clinics and staff meetings to insure staff awareness of overall program.
- Train and inform staff, encourage professional growth by encouraging clinic attendance according to local clinic policy.
- Delegate specific duty, supervise implementation, and at season’s end, analyze staff effectiveness and evaluate all assistants.
- Maintain discipline, adjust grievances, and work to increase morale and cooperation.
- Assist the Athletic Director in scheduling, providing transportation, and requirements for tournament and special sport events.
- Assist in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sport events or practices and adhere to scheduled facility times. Coordinate program with maintenance and school employees.
- Provide documentation to fulfill state and system requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent, and eligibility.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- As applicable, must meet requirements established by the North Carolina High School Athletic Association, North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, the Johnston County Public Schools Board of Education, and school administration.
- Teacher license and employment as a teacher by the Guilford County Board of Education is strongly preferred.
- Previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport.