Reporting to the President, the Athletic Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the athletic program, including hiring and managing coaches, scheduling, budget preparation, promotion of programs and events, compliance with regulation and policies, collaboration with conference and league officials, and management of facilities. As a liaison with recruiters, conferences, coaches, directors, students and parents, the Athletic Director plays a crucial role for the university.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the university in implementing the statement and purpose.
- Assist the University in implementing the long-range institutional and financial plans.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Athletic Department in all areas.
- Oversee and enforce all NAIA regulations.
- Responsible for all student- athlete eligibility in conjunction with NAIA regulations
- Maintain athletic department budgets.
- Manage head coaches, assistant coaches, and graduate assistant coaches.
- Assist in the development of student-athletes as both players and citizens.
- Engage alumni of the athletic department to remain involved as supporters.
- Assist the Office of Advancement in fundraising efforts to benefit athletics.
- Speak to alumni and civic organizations to build an awareness of Carey Athletics.
- Experience in collegiate athletic department operations.
- Ability to use common office productivity software, including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook). Ability to learn WCU’s accounting and student database software.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations and people.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Effective communication skills and public speaking skills.