The parish is seeking to fill the position of Athletic Director of the High School with a dynamic leader to guide the co-educational interscholastic athletic program, which competes in the MIAA and the IAAM, with 23 varsity sports, various intersquad teams and several hundred male and female athletes.
- Provide overall guidance and leadership for a comprehensive and successful interscholastic program.
- Be committed to continuing excellence in athletics within the context of a strong academic program and a clear Catholic identity and faith-centered environment.
- Supervise all members of the athletic department (contractual employees and volunteers), including shared responsibility for hiring, discipling or dismissing, and full responsibility for training, mentoring and evaluating coaches and athletic staff.
- Prepare, submit and monitor an annual operating budget for the athletic department to include salaries, travel, officials, field rentals, equipment, supplies and administrative expenses.
- Oversee the scheduling of games, transportation and officials.
- Supervise high school athletic contests and act as host to officials and visiting schools.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of Catholic education.
- Experience as a high school or intercollegiate head coach, with demonstrable competence in recruiting, leadership and comprehension and use of modern technology and social media for promotion of athletic programs.
- Coaching/Teaching experience in a Catholic school (high school level preferred).
- Administrative/Leadership experience in a high school or college (i.e., Athletic Director, Assistant Athletic Director, Coaching Mentor, etc.).