To provide each enrolled student an opportunity to participate in an extracurricular athletic activity that will foster physical skills, a sense of worth and competence, a knowledge and understanding of the pleasure of sport, the principles of play, and satisfaction of being part of a team.
- Organizes and administers the overall program of extracurricular athletics, both intramural and interscholastic for the assigned school.
- Provides leadership in the selection, assignment, and evaluation of athletic coaches and staff members.
- Fosters good school-community relations by keeping the community aware of and responsive to the athletic program.
- Promotes student athletes with post-secondary educational institutions.
- Assists student athletes with obtaining appropriate post-secondary educational opportunities.
- Assumes responsibility for the organization and scheduling of all interscholastic athletic events.
- Hires officials, team physicians, and security, as required, and assumes general responsibility for the proper supervision of home games.
- Arranges transportation for athletic contest participants.
- Must hold a South Carolina teaching and/or administrative certification.
- Preference will be given to individuals with national certification in Athletic/Sports Administration.
- Valid driver’s license.