Direct support for Anne Arundel County Public Schools vision of Elevating All Students and Eliminating All Gaps. Provides leadership for and management of the high school athletic program. This includes but is not limited to: oversight of all athletics tryouts, practices, and contests, adherence to county, state, and national policies and guidelines, management of the athletic schedule, hiring and evaluating coaches and support staff under the direction of the principal, management of athletic facilities and equipment.
- Coordinates with administration, the athletic trainer, coaches, and other staff to develop and implement safety protocols for all student-athletes.
- Ensures compliance with all state, local, and national policies, rules, and regulations regarding athletics.
- Under the direction and approval of the principal, facilitates the recruitment, hiring, assignment, evaluation of, and payment for coaches, the assistant athletic director, the athletic academic advisor, and the athletic student aid.
- In cooperation with the principal, monitors of the expenditure of funds appropriated to the school’s athletic department.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive athletic calendar through collaboration with the school administration, the business manager, AACo Recreation and Parks, AACPS Facilities and Grounds departments, and others . Arrange transportation for team travel for all away athletic events.
- Bachelor's Degree in applicable field of education from a regionally accredited college or university required.
- Master's Degree in applicable field of education from a regionally accredited college or university preferred.
- Three (3) years successful classroom teaching experience required.
- Three (3) years coaching experience required.