Assist in providing overall direction and coordination for the district’s athletic programs and to be specifically responsible for coordination of athletic programs at high school in order to enhance student learning, promote the overall efficiency of the school system, and maximize the educational opportunities available to each child.
- Masters Degree required.
- Secondary Administrator Certification.
- Administrative experience preferred.
- Public Relations experience preferred.
- Knowledge of issues and practices pertaining to boys and girls athletics.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the District may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Play a leadership role in assisting the principal in hiring and evaluating all athletic coaches included as part of the high school athletic programs.
- Manage the many details associated with the scheduling and function of all high school athletic programs.
- Participate with the high school administrative team in the successful operation of the high school educational programs.
- Participate as a school administrative team member in the general supervision of students at high school and specifically, the high school athletic events. Provide or arrange the appropriate supervision for athletic activities.
- Participate as a representative on the Iowa City Booster Club and the Liberty Lightning Athletic Booster Club
- Assist the Club parent officers in the direction and management of all parent support activities.
- Play a leadership role along with the principal in the maintenance and improvement of all athletic facilities. Work to ensure our student athletes are provided the best facilities possible in the presentation of our programs.