This is a provisional appointment.
Brief Job Description (essential functions of the job):
Design, monitor, and supervise athletic/recreational programs.
Maintain equipment and supplies.
- Supervise and make arrangements for supervision on scheduled events.
- Supervise athletic staff as designated by Site Administrator.
- Publicize and recruit for athletic/recreational events.
- Represent Community Centers at/during events/meetings.
- Transport participants to and from events.
- Negotiate agreements on gym usage, schedule gym activities.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings.
Minimum Entrance Qualifications:
Two (2) years experience with public recreation administration and the operation of planned recreational and athletic programs required.
- Familiarity with broad range of recreation and athletic programs.
- Ability to plan, assist and supervise staff.
- Ability to communicate and work with a broad range of people.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in coordinating community recreational program.
- Must have and maintain a current Mass. Driver's License.
C.O.R.I check required. S.O.R.I check required.
BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED
Union/Salary Plan/Grade: SEIU/CC-7
Hours Per Week: 35