The function of the position is to assist in fulfilling the responsibility of promoting the educational achievement of students at the Muscatine High School.
- Assist Head Principal by working on updates of staff and student handbooks.
- Assist Head Principal in monitoring and securing substitute teachers for the building.
- Coordinate with District Directors in developing and implementing district programs.
- Develop and monitor special programs to evaluate and maintain positive school climate.
- Coordinate annual updating of fixed asset inventory.
- Coordinate annual consumable supply inventory.
- Coordinate in-house maintenance with staff.
- Assist in the supervision of staff - conduct evaluations and work with staff development as assigned by building principal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- instructional to the public, staff, and students.
- Ability to lead, supervise and manage people/projects.
- Able to work well with students, teachers, counselors, parents and other job-related persons.
- Ability to work within the job description with independence and to make judgments and decisions, some with legal implications.
- Ability to intervene in crisis situations.
- Knowledge of student records and systems.
- Counseling and administrative skills.