The Athletic Director/Associate Dean of Athletics’ role is to provide supervision, mentorship, guidance and management to the coaching staff and all student-athletes. This position directly supports the College’s mission and vision by focusing on student-athlete success, retention and completion initiatives.
- Develop a vision for the department that ensures the care, safety, well-being, integrity and competitive success for all student-athletes representing CNCC.
- Provide regular and real-time updates to the VPSS on important matters concerning the athletics programs and the well-being of student athletes.
- Actively work to align the mission, vision and goals of intercollegiate athletics with those of the college.
- Approve the hiring of exceptional coaches, administrative staff, support staff and other personnel associated with the department and participates in the evaluation of all coaches.
- Oversee and approves all sports schedules.
- Plan and supervise College hosted post-conference playoff events; coordinate and supervise all home athletic events.
- Coordinate selection and presentation of individual and team awards; conduct banquets.
- Monitor transportation for all team travel.
- Prepare and coordinate facilities used for athletic contests, practices and meetings.
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
- Must have prior budget management experience.
- Possess diplomacy, tact, and the ability to use good discretion with confidential student information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with students/parents/families and collaborate effectively with campus partners.
- Demonstrated maturity in leadership and decision-making.