This position directs the athletics program and activities, provides information and serves as a resource, achieves defined objectives by planning, evaluating, developing, implementing and maintain services in compliance with established guidelines. This position also serves as a member of the leadership team.
- Collaborates with internal and external personnel to implement and/or maintain services and programs.
- Compiles data from a variety of sources to analyze issues, ensuring compliance with organization’s policies and procedures, and/or monitoring program components.
- Directs department operations.
- Facilitates meetings and workshops.
- Manages assigned programs ensure compliance with legal, financial and district requirements.
- Monitors budget allocations, expenditures, fund balances and related financial activities
- Performs personnel administrative functions (e.g. hiring, counseling, training, supervising, evaluating, providing professional development opportunities and ensuring necessary department/program outcomes are achieved.
- Prepares a variety of topics to document activities and issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of athletics, athletic programs, and physical fitness.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding school district athletic programs, safety and health, and other areas under responsibility.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to evaluate, develop and implement athletic programs, activities and events, and make effective recommendations related to those areas.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and conflicting time constraints.