The High School Athletic Director assists the school administration in providing effective leadership and guidance in the athletic operations of the school. The Athletic Director is responsible for the planning, staffing, finances, facilities, community relations, booster clubs, and compliance of the athletic programs at the high school.
- Oversees the entire athletic program at the high school.
- Develops the mission and vision of the athletic program.
- Conducts annual meetings with all coaches and booster clubs.
- Assists the principal in staffing all coaching positions and in assigning all county coaching supplements.
- Oversees the hiring of Community Coaches and assists in submitting the correct paperwork to the District.
- Oversees the GHSA physicals, waivers, concussion form, etc.
- Evaluates the performances of head coaches and assistant coaches.
- Coordinates all school fundraising activities and generates sponsorships from the community.
- Oversees the athletic budget at the high school and works with bookkeeper to ensure financial compliance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to function calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Classroom management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with parents and the community.