The Athletic Director fulfills the mission of the Catholic school by assisting the administration in the development of an athletic program to promote student health, athletic skill, and safety. The Athletic Director has decision making responsibilities within essential job functions, in keeping with school policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
- Acts as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Supports and adheres to the Religious Standards for Catholic School Employees and policies and procedures of the school and Archdiocese of San Antonio.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding school matters.
- Plans, organizes, and implements a comprehensive athletic program for students.
- Provides for the safety and well-being of student athletes by implementing safety guidelines and training of coaches and students.
- Maintains, updates, and distributes athlete and coach handbooks annually.
- Implements annual parent information and coach training sessions.
- Ensures that all athletes have completed annual physicals, release/hold harmless forms, and registration prior to participation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field.
- Current CPR certification and First Aid training.
- Experience in education, coaching or related field.
- Teacher’s or coaching-related certification preferred.