The Athletic Director and Physical Activity Teacher will seek to model the school’s philosophy of education through instruction and example and provide lessons that meet the school’s requirements as well as students’ interests and capabilities. The Athletic Director and Physical Activity Teacher will take precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities, and will keep accurate records.
- Report to work by 10:00 a.m., Monday through Friday, and leave between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m., pending staff meetings, parent meetings, and sporting events.
- Managing the athletic department and after-school programs.
- Establishing a budget with the help of the Business Manager.
- Coordinating games, practices, and event schedules.
- Hiring and assessing coaches and referees.
- Maintain awareness of standards and safety.
- Attend and help facilitate five Saturday school days throughout the academic year.
- Create and/or implement the school’s recommended curriculum.
- Differentiate instruction based on student level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Elementary School Education or similar, Master’s degree preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of teaching strategies and methods.
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in a school or youth-serving organization.
- Soccer coaching.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Availability to work extended hours on occasion.