Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recognizes and supports the unique Catholic Mission of the school by speaking, acting, and instructing consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church; a teacher may not espouse any doctrine inconsistent with the teachings of the Church.
- Gives evidence of lived Gospel values by being an active member of a faith community and being open to the importance of personal faith journey; strives to model the teaching of Jesus by attitude and example.
- Help build the school’s faith community by a demonstrated willingness to participate in and plan school religious, service, and sports activities.
- Demonstrate effective planning skills by preparing lessons designed to implement stated goals and objectives and by incorporating school and diocesan curriculum objectives in lesson plans.
- Responsible for developing curriculum addressing social, emotional, and behavioral needs for the school community. The curriculum will include movement to reduce stress and anxiety, as well as nutrition to promote healthy brains and bodies.
- Demonstrate Competence in teaching by demonstrating current, thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter and be able to communicate effectively with students; be able to organize classroom learning and materials to maximize student time on tasks as well as motivate student learning.
- A working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of fostering lay leadership in the Catholic Church. If a baptized Catholic, must be a practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Church.
- Excellent communications skills including written, verbal, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter and be well-organized; must be a team player.
- Be available for evening and weekend work as necessary; have reliable transportation.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology including word processing and the use of excel and related technology; ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility in assessing needs and strategies and adapt appropriately in a ministerial environment.