The founding Athletic Director will be someone who loves visionary thinking as well as tactical execution, a leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and a grounding in systems thinking. In the first year, the AD will shift thinking between developing equitable hiring practices to choosing uniforms; from developing a growth and development system for coaches to identifying a long-term field for our soccer teams; and, from managing buses and finding referees to developing a 3-, 5- and 10- year vision for the athletic program
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a vision for the upper school athletic program.
- Grow the athletic offerings each year through innovative and future focused strategic thinking.
- Hiring and shaping a well-rounded staff using equitable hiring practices.
- Manage and provide mentorship for athletics staff and coaches.
- Identify and steward partnerships to secure the facilities needed to support our teams.
- Oversee the athletics budget.
- Manage athletics-related logistics.
- Steward relationships and communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Promote and nurture Hillbrook’s core values.
- Experience leading and managing adults.
- Interest in being a central leader in a start-up environment.
- Entrepreneurial experience, or experience building new programs.
- Coaching and supervisory experience in an educational setting.