The Director of Athletic Facilities and Operations is responsible for event coordination and management of assigned events and facilities. This position is responsible for the training and supervising of third party contracted security and cleaning services and will oversee and integrate the use of third-party departmental applications. The position will be the primary contact for summer camps, external rentals, and facility work orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the lead event manager for assigned sports. Direct the operation of the students, adult workers, third-party vendors, and other personnel.
- Ensure a safe and pleasant environment for events by supervising crowd control, customer service, visiting team and game official liaison, and pre-game and half-time event management.
- Act as a representative of Santa Clara University to patrons, visiting teams, and game officials. Utilize discretion and judgment to ensure their safety and positive experience.
- In the event of an emergency, take charge of the situation and determine the safest course of action.
- Direct staff to prepare the facility prior to the game and reset the facility after the game.
- Coordinate and schedule specialized workers for replay and table crew.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience, preferably in athletics, facilities, events, or operations.
- Ability to work effectively with external constituents particularly with vendors and facility renters.
- Ability to work effectively with internal constituents, particularly coaching staff, senior administrative staff and other University staff.
- Physical activity required. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.