This position will be responsible for the operations of an NJCAA intercollegiate athletic (Softball) program. The coach will oversee recruiting, enforce academic support policies, team practice, competitions, scholarship issuance, compliance, statistic reporting, transfer of student-athletes, manage team budgets, team fundraising, equipment orders and inventory.
- Plans, manages and implements coaching strategy and practice training sessions for student athletes in accordance with established regulation.
- Organizes, provides for, and oversees the recruitment of prospective student athletes including the evaluation of student athletes in areas of academics, athletic ability and character.
- Plans and manages the overall development of the student athlete including academic success, character building, and team discipline.
- Serves as a program liaison with campus representatives, community service providers, alumni development representatives and others in the promotion of academics and campus/community support partnerships; Plans and implements athletic promotional programs and related fundraising efforts.
- Oversees and ensures students and programs comply with NJCAA, MCCCD, Region I and ACCAC regulations, policies and procedures.
- Three (3) years of coaching/teaching experience with softball athletes at the high school, collegiate, or professional level.
- Master’s degree in physical education, sports coaching, sports management, or in any related field.
- Two (2) years of experience coaching at a 2-year college.
- Two (2) years of demonstrated experience in recruiting student-athletes in the sport of softball.
- Two (2) years of experience related to enrollment, admissions, advisement, or financial aid of student-athletes at the college level.