The Athletic Program Director will provide a comprehensive sports and fitness program that will appeal to the entire member population. In addition, the Athletic Program Director will be in charge of establishing, promoting, marketing, expanding, and running sports leagues for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central New Hampshire.
- Establishes program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
- Oversees the provision of day-to-day gymnasium program activities in accordance with established standards and goals.
- Ensures that all childcare licensing requirements per the NH Childcare Licensing Bureau are implemented.
- Ensures that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities (basketball, flag football, floor hockey, etc.) and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
- Demonstrates leadership to ensure proper conduct, safety, and development of members.
- Written documentation from or on file with the department that she or he was qualified and employed as a site director in a school-age program on or before the effective date of these rules in 2022;
- A minimum of an associate's degree in child development, education, recreation, or other field of study focused on children, awarded by an accredited college or university;
- Certification of successful completion of training as a recreation director plus 1000 hours of experience working with children in a licensed child care program, recreation program, or a public or private elementary school;
- A total of 12 credits in child development, education, recreation, or other field of study focused on children, from an accredited college plus 1000 hours of experience working with children;
- Current certification as an educator by the Department of Education.