The University of Cincinnati, Department of Athletics seeks applications for an Athletic Strength & Conditioning Coach to work with assigned Olympic sports. This is a full-time position, salaried, with a comprehensive benefits package. The University of Cincinnati, Department of Athletics seeks applications for an Athletic Strength & Conditioning Coach to work with assigned Olympic sports.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules related specifically to recruitment and to the on-going performance of duties.
- Develop and execute strength and conditioning programs for one or more assigned athletic team(s) and student-athletes.
- Assist with other non-assigned sports as needed.
- Teach proper training techniques within the weight room or other designated area for improved athletic performance.
- Support educational efforts made towards nutrition and general well-being. Collaborate with Registered Dietician (RD) and refer student-athletes to RD.
- Assist in the overall supervision of weight room and other designated facilities, ensuring proper maintenance of equipment while monitoring compliance of safety procedures.
- Collaborate with athletic training staff in the rehabilitation of athletic-related injuries as well as daily programs.
- Aid in teaching Strength and Conditioning principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certification required (must have and maintain).
- Certification through a nationally accredited strength and conditioning certification program (must have and maintain).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.