This athletic training position will be responsible for organizing and providing athletic training services to all UW-Madison students with a special focus on students participating in various sports clubs offered through University Recreation & Wellbeing. This position may supervise various levels of student workers. This position will work under the direct supervision of Rec Well's Assistant Director of Athletic Training.
- Evaluates, provides treatment and rehabilitation, and documents injuries/illnesses in consultation with health care professionals and in accordance with established practices, guidelines, and protocols
- Coordinates patient care, makes referrals to various medical resources, and provides information based on injury/illness evaluations in collaboration with medical professionals
- Serves as an onsite health care provider for assigned teams during practices, competitions, recreational play, or special events to ensure adequate treatment of injuries/illness and appropriate response to emergency and non-emergency situations
- Advises, develops, and implements plans for injury and illness prevention, emergencies, and environmental monitoring to ensure safety of participants during practices, recreational play, events, and competitions
- Works directly with students and professional staff in organizing and providing care at Sport Club and Intramural events as well as educating students on areas of injury care and prevention.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited Athletic Training Program.
- A minimum of 2-years post-certification athletic training experience is required.
- Experience with supervision of students or staff is preferred.