- Supervises practices including preparing athletes for practices, workouts, and games.
- Supervises the rehabilitation protocol of injured athletes as prescribed by the team physician and instructs the athlete in proper rehabilitation procedures.
- Assists coaches with organizing and implementing conditioning programs for student athletes, as well as nutritional concerns.
- Provides first aid and recovery healthcare to student athletes including assessing injuries treatment and referral to appropriate physician.
- Assists with pre-season physical examinations and physical fitness screening.
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations of athletic training room.
- Assists with the compilation, input, organization, and maintenance of all student athlete medical records.
- Performs administrative functions related providing health care for student athletes as needed.
- Degree in Athletic Training, Exercise Science (with an emphasis in athletic training), or related which leads to athletic training certification.
- Graduate degrees accepted in lieu of experience for advanced levels, at a rate of one year relevant education per year of required experience.
- Must be certifies by the National Trainers’ Association Board and eligible to be licensed in the State of Alabama by the Alabama Board of Athletic Training.