Responsibilities include coaching the designated sport under the direction of the Head Coach, assists with the Varsity team, coaches the 2nd and/or 3rd team including assisting in providing guidance, instruction and experience to enhance students' personal, physical and social growth and development. This position may be held in addition to a classroom teaching or other work assignment.
- Prepare student athletes mentally and physically for athletic competition.
- Enhance student athlete's personal, physical and social growth and development in a culturally diverse environment.
- Plans and supervises scheduled workouts and games for assigned team.
- Instructs participants in the skills and techniques of the position played in the sport.
- Keeps abreast of current sport knowledge and coaching techniques in designated sport by attending clinics and reviewing related literature.
- Maintains current knowledge of WIAA and Metro/KingCo League rules, regulations and league by-laws.
- Attends Varsity contests as requested and provides support for the Head Coach in decision making and management of assigned sports events.
- Assists the Head Coach in management of District-owned equipment, maintenance of records, issuing athletic awards and other functions associated with promotion and management of the designated sport program.
- Must be a high school graduate or have completed a GED program.
Minimum of one year of coaching and/or participation in the designated sport; successful completion of WIAA Coaches Requirements; must be at least 19 years of age.
Valid State of Washington Driver's License.
Valid "hands on" First Aid and CPR Certification; SPS Adult Sexual Misconduct Class.