Under the supervision of the Athletics Program Supervisor (Sports Dome) this position is responsible for the planning, organizing, scheduling, promoting and supervision of a variety of lacrosse programs and special events. The Athletics Coordinator is responsible for programs at the facility, and may be assigned to work in other areas and special events within or outside of the Department.
- Coordinates and leads a variety of programs for various ages and skill levels in the areas of leagues, tournaments, special events, clinics, camps and rentals to meet the recreational needs of the community. Assists in the scheduling of programs and determines appropriate number and nature of programs.
- Hires, trains, schedules, supervises and evaluates assigned staff; provides or coordinates staff training, and works with employees to correct deficiencies.
- Assists with the preparation and monitoring of the budget, manage revenues and expenditures and prepare financial reports. Prepare purchase orders, RFP’s, and invoice requests. Collect and record payments/fees for programs and outstanding balances. Prepare short and long-range revenue/expenditure projections, check revenue streams through POS etc. Develop and recommend program related costs, fees, and locations.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and tracking of a marketing strategy; notifying the public of District events. Solicits sponsors and donations for programs and special events as assigned.
- Determine community needs by evaluating programs, discipline areas and activities; make recommendations for improvement and future development, and implement changes. Survey and educate the community on Athletic offerings.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreation Administration, Physical Education, or other closely related field.
- Minimum experience of two (2) years in a similar position required.
- A combination of experience and education may be considered.
Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements:
- CPR, First Aid, and AED Certification or the ability to obtain within ninety (90) days of hire.
- Official’s certification in related sports is highly recommended.
- Training in current Youth Sports issues including parent, coach and officials training preferred (CYSA).
- Vast knowledge of soccer programming.