Florida International University (FIU) (Modesto Maidique Campus) is seeking an individual to serve as a Federal Work Study as a Student Assistant (Track & Field / Cross Country) The successful candidate will assist the Track & Field / Cross Country teams in preparing and organizing the team in compliance with NCAA bylaws
- Driving FIU rental vans for the team, to and from practic.e locations, as well as medical appointments as necessary.
- Working with the equipment room to coordinate practice gear and laundry services.
- Maintaining and overseeing the on-campus track and field practice locations (throws area, pole vault training area, etc).
- Organizing and cataloging FIU track and field/Cross country equipment and team gear.
- Working with assistant coach overseeing gear to collect and organize team sizing charts.
- Assists coaching staff in daily activities as required.
- Current FIU student and eligible for Federal Work Study.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with others.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional integrity.
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- Effective time management skills.