- Develop, evaluate, and implement athletic programs; direct and coordinate a full range of athletic department services and programs. Ensure compliance with FHSAA (Florida High School Athletic Association) regulations and appropriate correspondence.
- Supervise head coaches, assistant coaches, athletic trainer, spirit coordinator, and fitness center coordinator and student volunteers.
- Carries out other supervisory responsibilities in accordance with school policies and applicable laws. In coordination with leadership, interviews and hires employees. Trains, and evaluates employees; plan, assign, and direct work; address complaints and resolve problems.
- Provide athlete and coach orientation, conditioning, and athletics training programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletics, Physical Education or a closely related field.
- Experience and knowledge of: current practices in the delivery of athletic programs K-12 institutions; student athletic issues; supervision techniques; administrative budgeting and financial recordkeeping and control procedures; FHSAA rules and practices; sport procedures and practices.
- Must have the ability to: integrate multiple activities and programs around the goals of the athletic programs; participate with other campus personnel in developing and coordinating activities, goals, and services; develop and provide athletic services to meet the needs of a wide variety of student athletes; supervise and train students and staff in a variety of labor intensive activities; communicate effectively orally and in writing; establish cooperative working relationships in the course of performing assigned duties.
- Florida Educator Certification.