The Director of CCCYO Athletics focuses on organized sports programs and assists in the development of CYO Community Centers; builds and ensures connectivity and communication with Parish and Community groups for services provided through Catholic Charities CYO programs; facilitates related agency services and initiatives to Parishes and Communities and fundraises for these programs working with the Development and Marketing offices of Catholic Charities CYO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise CYO Athletic Managers and Coordinators in San Francisco, Marin, and northern San Mateo Counties.
- Acquisition and management of gyms, some of which may be designated as CYO Community Centers.
- Oversee the Snap-ed with the Physical Education Manager.
- Coordinate baseball and track & field programs.
- Facilitate skills enhancement through training & certification for coaches and referees; insure participation in training for coaches and parents.
- Oversee the compliance and monitoring of all relevant standards and applicable state, federal and local laws and regulations, including enforcing the fingerprinting requirements and criminal record checking. Coordinate with the HR department of the Chancery as well as all Pastors, Principals, and Athletic Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Master’s degree in related area preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in sports and recreational background, preferably in a leadership role.
CATHOLIC CHARITIES IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and is committed to providing equal employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, legal domicile status, veteran status, disability, or AIDS/HIV status or any other characteristic protected under federal or state law.