The Athletic Director is responsible for supervising, managing and evaluating the entire athletic program at the school site, with a close eye on managing the funds allocated to the high school athletic programs in accordance with APS guidelines.
- Ensure eligibility of athletes for program participation.
- Schedule and coordinate supervision of all home and away athletic contests or programs
- Oversee SCIAA, TSSAA OR TMSSSA eligibility status of coaches and follow their rules and regulations.
- Work with coaching staff to develop goals for program improvement and assess progress consistent with APS philosophy, goals and guidelines.
- Develop and manage the athletic budgets tied to coaching objectives, consistent with established department priorities, and supervise fundraising.
- Manage inventory of supplies and equipment including requisition, storage and issuance.
- Ensure that budget allocations for the program are tied to coaching objectives and are consistent with established department priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a positive way with students, parents, and community members.
- Knowledge of district regulations and guidelines for each event.
- Ability to lift, move, and set-up event equipment.
- Knowledge or ability to learn how to set-up and use sound system and scoreboards.
- Ability to work with coaches, officials and administrators to assure a safe environment for participants and spectators.
- Ability to provide leadership that assures student and spectator safety in emergency situations.