- Ensure that the leadership, philosophy and activities of the athletic program reflect the CAK commitment to a Christ centered, biblically focused environment.
- Lead the implementation of the athletics vision, mission and philosophy of athletics in a way that is consistent with the vision, mission and philosophy of Christian Academy of Knoxville (CAK).
- Mentor coaches in their Christian faith.
- Promote good sportsmanship through all levels of athletic program for students, parents, and coaches.
- Responsible for assessing and coordinating all interscholastic athletic programs.
- Responsible for administering all applicable National Federation, Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association, and Christian Academy of Knoxville policies, rules, and procedures relating to athletics.
- Oversee the athletic office personnel, including assistant athletic directors, middle school athletic coordinator and training staff.
- Responsible for the planning and administering of athletic budgets including the procurement of equipment, uniforms, and supplies.
- At least ten years of athletic leadership experience.
- Coaching experience at the high school level.
- Experience working with students, parents, coaches, and teams; including conflict resolution.
- Experience in building support for athletics.
- Experience with designing, developing, and maintaining athletic facilities.
- Experience should reflect an ability and willingness to establish a positive working relationship with parents and students of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated business skills.