The Director of Athletics is responsible for the athletic programs and the college’s participation with National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and the guidelines and governance structure of NJCAA. The Director provides direct supervision for all full-time and part-time coaches as well as any additional full or part-time employees assigned.
- Supervises coaches (full- and part-time) for each sport as well as any other departmental personnel. Serves as the primary source of information for questions regarding eligibility, recruiting rules and regulations, redshirt responsibilities for injuries, tryouts, scholarship requirements and limits, etc.
- Ensures documentation for each student-athlete is completed accurately within established timelines and contains appropriate signatures. Also serves as the responsible party for all NJCAA audits and ensures all documentation will be submitted within 72 hours of the request.
- Ensures all transfer students have completed required paperwork and appropriate signatures have been obtained from responsible parties. Completes Transfer Tracking Forms and Letter of Intent Releases for those students moving from one junior college. For students who transfer from an institution outside of the NJCAA, completes additional forms.
- Conducts fundraising activities to reach established annual goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of and proficiency with the American Association of Community Colleges’ Manager Level Competencies for Community College Leaders: 1) Institutional and Cultural Awareness, 2) Governance, Local, State and Federal Policy, 3) Student Success, 4) Leadership, 5) Institutional Transformation, 6) Fiscal Planning and Resource Development, 7) Advocacy, 8) Partnership and Collaboration, and 9) Communication.
- Skills in computer literacy including CRM, and Microsoft Office required.
- Some evening and/or weekend hours will be required.