The Director, Athletics is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Athletics Department which includes managing staff, athletic facilities and programs. The Director is also responsible for all aspects of the Intercollegiate Athletics program in addition to the development and implementation of intramural sports and health and wellness programs consistent with the educational goals of the College.
- Manage all aspects of the planning, supervision, staffing, delivery and evaluation of the intercollegiate athletics program ensuring compliance with league rules and regulations.
- Responsible for developing and implementing college-wide intramural sports and health and wellness programs.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the College’s athletic facilities including scheduling of all classes and events in the facility.
- Provide leadership in developing plans for facility improvements and enhancements to meet the needs of the athletics program including recommendations for new equipment.
- Manage budgets for the Athletics Department.
- Responsible for marketing athletic programs and events to the campus community in collaboration with key staff members.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning required, preferably in Sports Management, Sports Administration or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Seven (7) years of administrative, management, and supervision experience in college athletic facility management, student athletic programming or related field required; community college experience preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required; Banner preferred.
- CPR/First Aid certification required; must be obtained within first three months of employment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required.