The Director of Operations directs the day to day operations of the University of Louisville Men's & Women's Track & Field/Cross Country programs. This includes team travel, home meet management, purchasing, incidental and occasional meals, special events, marketing, social media, community service, internal communications, external communications, relationships with alumni and parents, and assistance with matters pertaining to compliance and recruitment. This position reports directly to the Head Coach.
- Experience with Indoor and/or Outdoor Track & Field Meet Management.
- Experience coordinating official & unofficial visits.
- Experience coordinating competition officials & volunteers
- Sport-specific knowledge.
- Experience working in collegiate athletics.
- Effective administrative/organizational skills and ability to prioritize time-sensitive tasks and projects according to deadlines.
- Game/event responsibilities: execute and disseminate all event game contracts; coordinate travel, payment and communication with all game hosts/sites; serve as point of contact for visiting teams. Coordinate game day operations with marketing, facilities, sports information, and game management staffs when applicable.
- Coordinate all team travel and coaches' travel. Execute all vendor contracts related to team travel; hotels, team meals, transportation, etc.
- Assist with coordination of recruiting visits (e.g., meals, hotel, activities, tours).
- Serve as primary point-of-contact to the Athletic Business Office; responsible for all pro-card reconciliation´s, travel reimbursements, purchase orders, monthly budget reconciliation´s, accounts receivable, disbursements, etc.
- Reconcile, project, and monitor team budget.
- Assist with coordination of team operations-meetings, schedules, and practice times.
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status.