The Athletics Director supports the school’s philosophy, policies, goals, and expected school-wide learning results (ESLRs):
- Coordinates the high school interscholastic athletic programs.
- Schedules and oversees the use and care of athletic facilities.
- Schedules athletic events and practices.
- Arranges travel and food for teams.
- Attends meetings and coordinates the planning of special tournaments such as the Clerc Classic.
1) Possession of, or eligibility for, a California Standard Teaching Credential authorizing the holder to teach Deaf/Hard of hearing students.
2) Proficiency in American Sign Language.
3) Good command of written English.
4) Strong cultural perspective of the Deaf.
5) Education and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: experience working with students from a diverse background, bilingual education, learning differences, team teaching, transition, or project-based instruction.