DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as liaison and maintain an open line of communication between all Admissions and Department of Athletics staff.
- Speak with athletic recruits during recruiting visits. Speak on behalf of all programs and coaches when necessary.
- Attend all Admissions Open Houses and other admissions events relevant to student-athlete recruitment. Develop and coordinate specific athletic recruiting events in conjunction with the admissions office.
- Train coaches and ensure the proper use of Front Rush recruiting software. Generate weekly and monthly reports for coaches and admissions and ensure data is shared between departments.
- Participate in the onboarding of all coaches and ensure they are properly trained on how to recruit for Fitchburg State University. Continuously train and update all coaches and athletic staff on recruiting techniques, changes to academic programs, admissions updates, NCAA recruiting rules, and all other recruiting related topics.
- Work with the admissions data system, Slate, to ensure proper coding of athletic recruits.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Strong desire and the ability to recruit academically and athletically prepared student-athletes required.
- Football coaching experience at the collegiate level required.
- Football playing experience at the collegiate level preferred.
- Proven integrity and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively relate to students, faculty, staff and general public.
- Ability to teach, mentor and demonstrate accountability, respect, sportsmanship, academic and athletic excellence.