Brown University Athletics is seeing candidates for multiple Athletics Statistician positions. This role assists the athletics communications staff in the keeping of live statistics at athletic events. Job duties include but are not limited to
- Input or call every statistical occurrence at athletic event using either stat crew or genius stats.
- Assist athletic communications staff in other game day needs as they arise.
Entry into the candidate pool requires the following:
- Must have knowledge of or be willing to learn both stat crew and genius stat systems.
- Must have the ability to work quickly and accurately under extreme time pressure.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of a given sports rules and regulations.
- This position also requires a knowledge of, or demonstrated ability to learn, specific game protocol as it pertains to Ivy League and NCAA rules.
- During events, the athletics statistician may have to interact with and work alongside the following: assigned game officials, Athletic Communications staff, Event Management staff, and Marketing and Promotions staff.
- Must be able to observe and react quickly to events on the field/court/athletic venue in order to accurately input all game stats into stat crew/genius.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.