The Athletics Department is inviting applications for the position of Athletics Strength & Conditioning Coach, Football. Lamar University enjoys cheering on the Cardinals in more than a dozen NCAA Division I men’s and women’s sports. Competing in the Western Athletic Conference, Cardinals teams have a history of winning championships in sports including men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball, golf and cross country.
- Assists with the management of the strength & conditioning department.
- Works directly with the Head Football coach to design and implement strength and conditioning programs for Football student-athletes.
- Assist with regular testing of student-athletes to determine the effectiveness of the programs.
- Maintain accurate records of student-athlete’s progress within the strength & conditioning department.
- Report the progress of student-athletes to the Director of Strength & Conditioning and the respective head coach.
- Assist with the scheduling and daily upkeep of all strength & conditioning facilities.
- Provide for the proper supervision of student-athletes to ensure that all student athletes receive proper instruction on the safe usage of weight machines and free weights.
- Bachelor’s Degree in exercise science or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Current first aid, CPR and AED certification required.
- Knowledge of strength training, speed, agility, flexibility, nutrition and cardiovascular conditioning required.
- Certification through the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCa-SCCC) or National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA-CSCS) required.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.