Assist head coach in coaching student-athletes, implementation and instruction of game strategy, recruiting prospective student-athletes, monitoring student-athlete academic progress, program organization, managing travel, managing student-athlete scholarships and overseeing the discipline, conduct and image of the sport program and student-athletes of a major university sport program in conjunction with other departmental responsibilities as assigned.
- Coach student-athletes individually and in groups, and demonstrate game techniques; position may manage a designated skill development area or group of positions, as assigned.
- Plan coaching and practice sessions in accordance with NCAA and conference regulations.
- Develop, recommend and teach game strategy and position assignments.
- Provide an overall positive educational environment for student-athletes conducive to learning, athletic development, social growth, and preparing them for life beyond college.
- In conjunction with the Student Athlete Academic Support Services (SAASS) department monitor academic progress and academic status of student-athletes, implementing corrective action plans through appropriate staff, if needed.
- Assist in the administration of the entire sport program, as assigned; including, but not limited to daily practices, game planning and implementation, recruiting, equipment management and facilities scheduling.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum one (1) year teaching/coaching baseball skills, game and training strategies plus teaching progressions.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting and retaining quality student-athletes, particularly at the regional level (Midwest) including knowledge of baseball travel teams and high school programs.