- MN Coaching license or Bachelor’s Degree in sports/fitness related field OR proven knowledge and experience necessary to coach the activity; completion of six quarter college credits (or equivalent), or 60 clock hours of instruction in first aid and the care and prevention of athletic injuries; and completion of a coaching methods or theory course.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and supervise the activity; previous coaching experience and substantive knowledge base in assigned activity; proven ability to work with high school aged students modeling positive character and responsible behavior; orientation toward continuous improvement.
- Knows and implements all District and School Athletic Policies and procedures for the entire sports program.
- Knows, interprets and consistently implements system, state and MSHSL regulations.
- Understands and follows District procedures for reviewing and responding to complaints or concerns related to the sports program.
- Assists the Activity Director in scheduling, providing transportation and managing equipment for regular season events, tournaments, plays and other special sports events.
- Assists in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sports events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times, coordinating as necessary with maintenance and other school employees.
All Employees of Saint Cloud School District 742 are responsible to support District goals, to work collaboratively and respectfully with diverse populations of staff, students and parents and to model and promote a welcoming working and learning environment.