- Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.
- Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Provide instruction and coach students to develop skills and ability to excel in sport assigned.
- Contribute to education program as a whole and to growth of students involved in athletics.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned.
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned.
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned.
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- General knowledge of coaching techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of University Interscholastic League (UIL) rules.