- Plan and complete recruiting activities to maximize student involvement.
- Attend all Athletic Director meetings.
- Conduct parent meetings with clear documented expectations for players and parents.
- Increase the number of participants through effective recruiting.
- Develop life skills in student athletes.
- Create practice plans specifically designed for incremental skill development.
- Monitor academic progress and student eligibility.
- Teach and encourage sportsmanship and integrity.
- Submit rosters in a timely manner.
- Maintain professional behavior during practices and games.
- Knowledge in specific sport, coaching, and training techniques.
- Ability to work as an integral part of the coaching staff.
- The head coach and assistant coach will be responsible for teaching young men and women appropriate skills, and also develop integrity hard work and responsibility in these young men and women.
- These coaching positions will be filled between August and April of each school year and will be renewed annually.
- Coaches will be responsible for the maintaining of equipment, uniforms, etc.
- High School coaches must be CHSAA certified.
Sheridan School District No. 2 is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, age, gender, color, sex (which includes gender identity), sexual orientation (which includes marital status), religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, disability or need for special education services, genetic information or conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth.