The Head Baseball Coach is responsible for managing and directing a NJCAA Division II baseball program. In addition to overseeing all facets of the baseball program, the Head Baseball Coach will supervise student-athletes in academic and athletic activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a successful recruiting program attracting prospective student-athletes committed to achieving academic and athletic success. Commitment to student success is paramount. This will be measured by retention, graduation and matriculation to four-year institution or employment in graduate’s field of study.
- Review student-athlete eligibility requirements; adhere to all conference, region and NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Produce a culture of excellence in the classroom, community and field of competition.
- Monitor student-athlete’s academic progress.
- Maximize individual player’s tactical, technical and physical development.
- Develop and manage annual budget for program; adhere to approved annual budgets and forecasts. Final budgets and forecasts approved by College Director and Business Office Manager.
- Hire, supervise and develop assistant coaches.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Self-directed with the ability to operate in a fast-paced work environment.
- Effectively collaborate with other functional areas of the college and its associates.
- Knowledge of progressive teaching and coaching methods.
- Ability to inspire and motivate individuals to achieve goals (academic and athletic).
- Knowledge of NJCAA by-laws, rules and regulations; unwavering commitment to compliance.
- Ability to organize and execute sound plans for recruiting activities, baseball camps, fund-raising events and public relations.