To help each participating student athlete achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline, sportsmanship, and accountability while working to achieve at the highest level possible.
- Prospective candidates should be high-energy, knowledgeable, put a premium on the teaching and instruction of technique(s), and possess good communication skills.
- Demonstrates interest in and aptitude for performing the tasks of the Head Baseball Coach.
- Commitment to work on developing and conditioning players in and out of season per MHSAA regulations.
- Willingness to join affiliated coaching associations. Supporter of multisport athletes.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms, as appropriate.
- Maintains necessary online registration forms, attendance, equipment inventory, and similar paperwork.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- The implementation and leading of both in-season and off-season strength and conditioning program.
- Enforces disciplined and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Monitors students' academic progress, aids and promotes student athletes in the recruiting process.
- All additional duties as outlined in the Lakeshore Coaches Handbook.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.