The school seeks an experienced Baseball Coach who is involved in the community and dedicated to carrying out the mission of the school. This position is a part-time, exempt staff position. This position will report to the Athletic Director and Program Coordinator. The coach will work seasonally as needed for the sport assigned.
- Evaluating performance and providing suitable feedback, balancing criticism with positivity and motivation.
- Assessing strengths and weaknesses in a participant's performance and identifying areas for further development.
- Adapting to the needs and interests of group or individual participants.
- Effectively communicating instruction.
- Demonstrating an activity by breaking the task down into a sequence.
- Encouraging participants to gain and develop skills, knowledge and techniques.
- Ensuring that participants train and perform to a high standard of health and safety at all times.
- Inspiring confidence and self-belief.
- Developing knowledge and understanding of fitness, injury, sports psychology, nutrition and sports science.
- Acting as a role model, gaining the respect and trust of the people you work with.
Experience, Degree, and Skills:
- Prior years coaching or athletic experience is preferred.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude towards students, staff and faculty.