In supporting the mission of Lassen Community College, a part-time instructor applicant pool has been established to provide highly qualified instructors who are experts in their subject areas, who are skilled in teaching and serving the needs of a varied student population, who can foster overall college effectiveness, and who are sensitive to and themselves represent the racial and cultural diversity of the District community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meeting with classes as scheduled by the Instructional Services Office.
- Teaching classes in accordance with the intent of the college catalog and with the objectives and content of the course outline of record.
- Providing a current syllabus which is consistent with the course outline of record to all students for each class. A course syllabus for each course taught shall be filed by the unit member with the Office of Instruction within one week of the first meeting of the class.
- Reviewing, in cooperation with other faculty in the same subject area, textbooks, workbooks, and other materials.
- Maintaining accurate and current records of student attendance and student achievement in accordance with District procedures.
- Reporting absences to the appropriate Dean.
- Sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of staff, students and the public.
- Knowledge of the history and culture of underrepresented groups and groups that have experienced discrimination.