Coaches one of a variety of Belmond-Klemme CSD sports programs operating under the IHSAA and/or IGHSAU. Assists with aspects of the program, which may include training and/or strength conditioning for athletic competition.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition.
- Receives guidance and instruction from principal, activities director, and more senior coaches in general and specific coaching procedures, methods, and techniques.
- Assists as directed with the oversight of athletic training, strength, and conditioning workouts; provides technical support and training to athletes, as appropriate to the sport.
- Assists in monitoring and supporting student-athletes in academic progress.
- Assists as appropriate in planning and arranging team travel.
- Maintains knowledge of and responsibility for complying with the rules and regulations of the Iowa High School Athletic Association and/or the Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of applicable team or individual sports and playing rules.
- Demonstrated competitive coaching skills in area of sporting specialty.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with student-athletes.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of strengthening and conditioning methods and techniques.