We are seeking curious, caring individuals who align with our core values:
- Passionate Soul: Love what you do
- Open Mind: Never stop learning and growing
- Champions Spirit: Strive for greatness
- Helpful Heart: Lift up those around you
- Absolute Integrity: Always do the right thing
Job Title: Baseball Coach, Part Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Prepares a baseball training program for all student-athletes.
- Assesses the skill development of each student-athlete, and partners with school staff and performance coaches to ensure their ongoing comprehensive development.
- Assists with the psychological preparation of the student-athlete in both pre-game and post-game.
- Develops motivational approach to practices and games.
- Interacts with the student-athlete as a mentor and as an educator of the sport.
- Responsible for delivering a high-quality program that aids in the annual retention of student-athletes.
- Actively involved in the college placement of the student-athlete.
- Supports and maintains a high level of understanding of the four-year model for the Academy program student-athlete.
- Effectively communicates to student-athletes and their parents/guardians.
- Partners with the student-athlete’s parent/guardian regarding their overall development.
- Assists sport advisors in generating new leads and maintaining an accurate pipeline for enrollments.
- Assures that proper safety is maintained.
- Travels to tournaments and other events as needed.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Experience in coaching and/or playing baseball at the professional and/or collegiate level
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate fieldProficiency in all baseball training and instructional techniques
- Strong commitment to student-athletes and their development academically, athletically, and socially
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to comprehensive excellence
- CPR Certification
- Valid driver’s license with ability to drive for tournaments, games, travel
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment in excess of 40 pounds
- Ability to handle outdoor conditions for a reasonable period of time
- Ability to move around campus including gym, turf, fields, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays
- Requires a background check upon offer
- Requires a drug check upon offer