The Rutgers Division of Intercollegiate Athletics sponsors 24 intercollegiate sports, comprised of 14 women’s and 10 men’s programs, that compete at the Division I level. The Scarlet Knights are members of the prestigious Big Ten Conference, the nation’s premier academic and athletic conference, after officially joining the league on July 1, 2014. Known as “The Birthplace of College Football, Rutgers hosted Princeton on Nov. 6, 1869 in the first intercollegiate football game, with RU earning a 6-4 victory.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Baseball Head Coach for The Rutgers Division of Intercollegiate Athletics. This position is responsible to recruiting, guiding, educating and developing student-athletes to achieve their fullest potential with the fundamental characteristics and requirements that are necessary to conduct and produce a successful University intercollegiate baseball program while instilling the importance of academic achievements at the Division I level.
- Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Establishes and maintains a nationally competitive intercollegiate baseball team within the Big Ten Conference and NCAA.
- Recruits high level academically and athletically skilled students to attend Rutgers to earn a degree and to compete in the baseball program.
- Schedules, organizes and conducts practices and competitions at a high level of efficiency and success.
- Develops, teaches and instructs the student-athletes in the proper rules of competition, conditioning skills and techniques on the floor and in life-skills and leadership qualities on and off the field.
- Fundraises and assists in public relation events that support the objectives of the program and allow for program enhancements.
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
- Bachelors degree; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- A minimum of three years coaching experience, preferably on the intercollegiate level, knowledge NCAA and Big Ten Conference rules and regulations.
- Must possess good organizational, communication and public relations skills
- Must be computer literate
- Responsible for preparing/analyzing recruiting databases and practice and game plans
- Head coaching experience at the intercollegiate level preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Travel for work purposes may be required
- Clean Driving Record
Piscataway, NJ, 08854