To instruct participants in the fundamental skills, strategy, and physical training necessary to realize a high degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student athlete shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulization and internalization of pride of accomplishment, self- discipline, self-confidence, and sportsmanship. Assist the Head Coach in the alignment and implementation of systems and skill development regarding the athletic program.
- Assistant the Head Coach in the operation of the athletic program.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport as determined by the head coach.
- Follows state, regional, and district regulations governing the athletic program.
- Provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- Participates in organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to join the sport.
- Maintains eligibility forms, emergency data cards, equipment inventory, and other related duties as determined by the Head Coach.
- Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met as determined by the Head Coach.
- Valid Iowa Coaching Endorsement or Coaching Authorization.
- Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
- Coaching and/or leadership experience.
- Competency working in a culturally diverse environment or the willingness to obtain these skills.